Buffalo County 4-H clubs are encouraged to enter the 2020 Lawn or Window Display Contest to promote 4-H during National 4-H Week.
Follow these rules to compete:
- The display must include the “Wisconsin 4-H Movement” theme. Must include a 4-H clover according to guidelines. See graphic below for more about the Wisconsin 4-H Movement and the following web page: https://buffalo.extension.wisc.edu/wi4hmovement-sweeps-the-state/
- All displays must be visible to the general public to see during National 4-H week (October 4-10). Front yards, club meeting sites, or business locations (with permission) are all great sites to place a display. Must remove sign promptly the following week – failure to do so could result in a citation from DOT.
- Displays will be judged on eye appeal, neatness, conveying state theme message, originality, local interest and number of people potentially reached by your display (if you share your display on social media). Use #wi4hmovement and/or #buffalo4h
- You must contact the Division of Extension and let us know the location of your display by October 4 at 608-685-6256 or email@example.com In addition tag University of Wisconsin-Madison Division of Extension Buffalo County on Facebook and email a photo of the display to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 4, 2020 for the purpose of inclusion on the 4-H website.
- Displays must be up by Sunday, October 4, and judging will be conducted virtually in 2020.
- 4-H Clubs must follow current Wisconsin 4-H program guidelines and requirements, including physical distancing and wearing a face covering, to participate in the contest. The displays must be created by individual families, worked on with a no-contact method, or must seek program approval through Annie Lisowski at email@example.com. before working in small groups of 10 individuals or less. If planning to seek program approval, please be sure to contact Annie early as the program approval process can take some time to complete with the state system.
Cash prizes for entries will be awarded as follows:
1st place $50.00
2nd place $35.00
3rd place $25.00
4th place $15.00
5th place $5.00
Sponsored by the Buffalo County 4-H Leaders’ Association.