YETI and SNOW themed art, science, engineering and math activities for the Winter!
Targeted for Buffalo County youth in grades K-6. You do not need to be enrolled in Buffalo County 4-H.
Cost is $5 per set of materials
$5 payment in cash or check (preferred) made payable to Buffalo County 4-H should be mailed to Buffalo County Division of Extension; 407 S 2nd St, PO Box 276, Alma, WI 54610. Mail payment to arrive on or before January 25, 2021.
Register on Google Form by January 11. Please make a separate form entry for each youth.
Registration Link: https://forms.gle/6ppghVBdjWrHrixx5
Pick up materials on January 25, 2021 3:30pm and 5:30pm at the Mondovi Community Youth Center or the Cochrane-Fountain City School 4-H Afterschool program between 3:30pm-5:30pm. Or at the Alma Courthouse by appointment on January 25. When the materials are ready, you will receive more information about how to conduct no-contact pick up on January 25. If you are absolutely unable to pick up on January 25th, please make special arrangements with Annie Lisowski.
There will be two live Zoom presentations with live demonstrations and fun group activities with youth leaders, youth development staff and/or college interns.
- Monday, February 1, 2021; 4:00pm – 4:30pm
- Wednesday, February 3, 2021; 4:00pm – 4:30pm
In addition there will be 2-3 video recordings available with additional how-to demonstrations to watch and a yeti story to listen to on your own time.
The Winter STEAM activities included are:
- Yeti in my spaghetti challenge
- Snowball launcher
- Origami yeti bookmark
- Beaded snowflake ornament
- Design an igloo for a yeti challenge
- Snowflake geometry art
- Watercolor snowflake painting
- Neddy the Yeti paper toy
- Symmetry of snowflakes
- How to draw an abominable snowman
- Yeti coloring sheets
- Video Yeti Read Aloud
- Additional activities for group games via Zoom
Each bag will contain:
- Yeti plush
- Origami paper
- Watercolor paper and paints
- Wooden craft match sticks
- Yeti coloring sheets
- Spool, felt, googly eyes and cotton ball
- Balloon and cup
- Light up “snowball”
- Beaded snowflake craft kit
- Blue paper and snowflake pattern blocks
- Instructions for STEAM experiments, challenges and art projects
- Access to the Zoom recordings
- Additional materials for group games via Zoom
Each youth will need to provide their own:
- Dry spaghetti (handful)
- Mini marshmallows (30-40)
- Hot glue or heavy-duty craft glue
- Basic utensils like pencil, crayons, scissors, etc.
Also looking for youth leaders in grades 6-12 to serve as STEAM counselors during the live, group Zooms. You will receive most of the materials free of charge so that you can demonstrate and role model with younger youth.
Questions should be directed to Annie Lisowski at firstname.lastname@example.org