- Camp Dates: June 14-16, 2023
- Camp Pepin (YMCA camp location)
- W10915 E Lake Dr Stockholm WI, 54769
A one or two training events will also be required via Zoom or in-person in May or early June.
Complete counselor application no later than March 1, 2023.
4-H Camp Kinnissippewa Counselor Responsibilities:
Assist in the program planning, supervision, and delivery of 4-H Camp Kinnissippewa.
a. Assist with developing, planning, coordinating, teaching, and evaluating educational programs at camp.
b. Maintain a safe, clean environment for youth campers.
c. Supervise youth campers and implement appropriate risk management strategies.
d. Be concerned with the social and emotional wellbeing of each youth camper.
e. Utilize effective behavior management strategies, as appropriate.
f. Build suitable relationships with youth campers.
g. Engage campers in educational experiences and encourage young people to assist in program planning and evaluation as appropriate.
h. Promote camper and counselor participation in all activities.
i. Serve as a role model for youth campers. Exhibit appropriate personal habits, health, dress, lagnuage, table etiquette, and relationships with other staff.
j. Serve as a link of communication between campers and adult camp staff.
k. The 4-H Camp Kinnissippewa Counselor is responsible for 4-H Camp Kinnissippewa Directors / Division of Extension 4-H Youth Development Educators.
Required Knowledge & Skill Qualifications:
1.Must be in 9th – 13th grade at the time of application.
2. Positive attitude and commitment to teamwork in a collaborative environment.
3. Values life-long learning and views position as a learning experience.
4. Strong organizational and communication skills.
5. Ability to work well with adult volunteers and other youth leaders.
6. Ability to creatively and flexibly solve problems as they arise.
7. Ability to be self-directed.
8. Experience in working with children in a group setting is preferred.
Benefits: Receive unique opportunity for personal and organizational leadership development, all training materials, a camp lanyard, and all meals and lodging at 4-H Camp.
COST: $75 per counselor.