2023 National 4-H Conference – April 14-20, 2023
What is National 4-H Conference?
National 4-H Conference annually brings 4-H youth and adults from around the nation to work towards strengthening and expanding the 4-H Youth Development program at the local, state, and national levels. National 4-H Conference is the U.S. Secretary of Agriculture’s premier youth development opportunity to engage youth in developing recommendations for the 4-H Youth Development Program. The National 4-H Headquarters is charged with sharing the recommendations that emerge from the conference with the Secretary of Agriculture, National Extension Program Leaders, and others who determine 4-H programs. At the same time, the conference is a rich and meaningful experience for the youth and adult participants. Held at a Washington DC area hotel (Hyatt Regency in Arlington, VA), it’s usually scheduled around the beginning of April. In 2019, there were approximately 350 delegates, including seven from Wisconsin.
National 4-H Conference delegates will:
- Participate in a round table topic of their choosing that will focus on key topics such as: leadership, agriculture, crime, and more.
- Participate in professional workshops.
- Meet with legislators from their State to discuss important issues relating to 4-H.
- Have a chance to network with youth and adults from across the country.
- Learn all about 4-H programming and think about ways to improve programming across the Nation.
- Develop an action plan that will be put to use in their own communities.
- Have fun!